The former fast-food kiosk nearby wzgórze partyzantów is set to be turned into a cafe thanks to both public and private cash.
The kiosk was designed in 1910 by Breslau architect Max Berg, who of course is better known as the designer of Hala Stulecia. The building was originally a gas regulation station, however more recently it has housed a fast-food bar.
The dilapidated-kiosk’s heyday has long passed though, and not too long ago the city decided to open a tendering process to see how it could be revived.
The winning bid came from the AKBiK company, who will turn the building into a cafe. They will be given a helping hand from the city council, who are chipping in 200,000zł of the 1.37 million the renovation is estimated to cost.
The cafe is to function at street level but also feature steps leading down to a small decking area by the water, where it will be possible for canoes and kayaks to dock.