fbpx

   

Food & DrinkShops

Biedronka Planning To Enter Poland’s Take-away Food Market

Biedronka are planning on selling take-away food in its stores according to the CEO of the company who own the discount supermarket chain.

In an interview with Business Insider, Pedro Soares Dos Santos talked of Biedronka becoming more like a “take-away restaurant”.  According to the Jeronimo Martins boss, 40% of Biedronka’s sales are ‘fresh’, and the company want this figure to rise to 70%.

Biedronka currently sell bread that’s part-baked in its stores, as well as chickens that are roasted on site. It is thought that the discount supermarket will now expand their offer of grab-and-go meals by providing similar snacks to those on sale at Orlen, Żabka and Carrefour Express. Biedronka will also increase their selection of ready-made meals for heating up at home. 

Both Orlen and Żabka offer hotdogs and hot sandwiches, while some Carrefour Express branches allow customers to have a frozen pizza heated up in-store. 

Dos Santos also explained that Biedronka have managed to hold onto 70% of the sales it used to make on Sundays (when the trading ban did not apply), but will never be able to recoup the remaining 30%.

 

Gregor Gowans

The founder and editor of Wroclaw Uncut, Gregor has been running the website since its inception in 2012. A Wroclawian for almost 10 years, Gregor writes on a wide variety of topics including, food & drink, nightlife, local news and politics. He is also a regular guest on Radio Ram's Sunday lunch programme.

Related Articles

Back to top button