A new community complex open to all kinds of projects, events and workshops is to have its grand opening on Pułaskiego street tonight.
Named 'Making Place Wroclaw', the new venue is the brainchild of Jody Lowe, a well-travelled British expat currently living in Wroclaw.
Coffee-shop owner Gaston Sitbon, one of those involved in the project, reliably informs us that when Jody first started work on Making Place Wroclaw, the building was completely abondoned; the former PKP storage facility had no power and no plumbing whatsoever. Since then it has been almost single-handedly built from the ground up with pallets, wood and metal debris found in scrap yards, and one of Wroclaw’s most disregarded treasures – old windows set for landfill.
Now the building sports a concert area, a space for refreshments as well as a zone that incorporates several workspaces with benches and worktables.
The people behind Making Place Wroclaw have made it no secret that the place is open to all, something that is evidently clear in their eclectic line-up of events and the amount of people of different nationalities running them.
According to Gaston, all of the following events can be held at Making Place Wroclaw:
- Craft & Jewelry making
- Drawing & Painting
- stone work and sculpturing
- Cooking (possibly)
- Coffee brewing / roasting
- The sale of art or crafts
- Meditation and Yoga
- Co-operative events
- Food sharing
- Fashion shows
- Bicycle repair / restoration
- Light metal working
- Dog / pet training
- Private event booking (i.e. corporate team building / conferences, movie making, et cera)
- And anything else that the imagination can think of …
There are also a host of scheduled activites that are already planned to go ahead:
- Rocky Gym
- Pitching, Startup Development
- Innovative Communication & Management
- Singing & Vocal Improvisation workshop
- Multi Instrumental workshop
- Wine Appreciation workshops
- Ceramics workshops
- Coffee Roasting / Brewing training
- Life Drawing
- Dance & Drums (Foliba Music)
- Movie Nights
- Functional Training (physiotherapy)
- Video editing / content creation
- Ballroom Dancing
- Music workshops
- Lamp Making
- Jam sessions
- Fire Show Education
To celebrate the official opening, Making Place Wroclaw are running a series of concerts over the weekend, starting from tonight at 19.30.
The complex is located on Generała Kazimierza Pułaskiego 48 (shop two). Finding the venue could prove difficult, but one of the volunteers has provided these handy images to help you get there.